Effective Date: May 2022
Scope and Application
Collection of Information
Information You Provide to Us
We collect information you provide directly to us through your access or use of the Services, such as when you create or modify your account, request on-demand services, contact customer support, or otherwise communicate with us. This information may include: your name, email address, phone number, postal address, profile picture, payment method, financial and credit card information, and other information you choose to provide.
Please note that we do not knowingly collect, keep or maintain personal information from children under the age of 18 through the Services, as we require that all users represent to us that they are at least 18 years old.
Information We Collect Through Your Use of Our Services
When you use our Services, we collect personal information (i.e. information that could be used to contact you directly such as:
Information about your device and about your visits to and use of this application (including your IP address, geographical location, browser type and version, operating system, referral source, length of visit and navigation paths); Information that you provide to us when registering; Your email and name when you create your profile; Information that you provide when completing your dog’s profile on our application; The information contained in or relating to any communication that you send to us or send through our application (including the communication content and metadata associated with the communication);
credit/debit card information, or email address)
(“Personal Information”) and demographic information
(i.e. information that you submit, or that we collect, that is not personal information; this may include, but is not limited to, hometown, gender, username, device information, including the type of mobile device you use, a unique device identifier (for example, your device's IMEI number, the MAC address of the device's wireless network interface, or the mobile phone number used by the device), mobile network information, your mobile operating system, the type of mobile browser you use, time zone setting, device location, IP address, transaction information, age/birth date, and registration history information) (“Demographic Information” and, together with Personal Information, “Personal Data”).
We also use GPS technology to determine your current location. Some of our location-enabled Services require your personal data for the feature to work. If you wish to use the particular feature, you will be asked to consent to your data being used for this purpose.
Information We Collect From Other Sources
We may also receive information from other sources and combine that with Personal Data we receive from you or collect through our Services. For example:
- If you choose to link, create, or log in to your Yalla GYM account with a payment provider or social media service (e.g., Facebook), or if you engage with a separate app or website that uses our API (or whose API we use), we may receive information about you or your connections from that site or app.
- If your employer uses one of our enterprise solutions, we may receive information about you from your employer.
- When you request on demand services, our Partners may provide us with a User rating after providing services to you.
- If you also interact with our Services in another capacity, for instance as a Partners, we may combine or associate that information with Personal Data we have collected from you in your capacity as a User or rider.
Use of Data
We use the collected data for various purposes: To personalize our platforms for you To provide and maintain the Service To notify you about changes to our Service To allow you to participate in interactive features of our Service when you choose to do so To provide customer care and support To provide analysis or valuable information so that we can improve the Service To monitor the usage of the Service To detect, prevent and address technical issues
Use of Personal Data
We may use Personal Data which you provide to us or we collect from you to:
- Provide, maintain, and improve our Services, including, for example, to facilitate payments, send receipts, provide products and services you request (and send related information), develop new features, provide customer support to Users and Partners, develop safety features, authenticate users, and send product updates and administrative messages;
- Perform internal administration and operations, including, for example, to prevent fraud and abuse of our Services; to troubleshoot software bugs and operational problems; to conduct data analysis, testing, and research; and to monitor and analyze usage and activity trends;
- Send or facilitate communications (i) between you and a Partners, such as estimated times of arrival (ETAs), or (ii) between you and a contact of yours at your direction in connection with your use of certain features, such as referrals or invites;
- Send you communications we think will be of interest to you, including information about products, services, promotions, news, and events of Yalla GYM and other companies, where permissible and according to local applicable laws; and to process contest, sweepstake, or other promotion entries and fulfill any related awards;
- Notify you about changes to our Services;
- Allow you to participate in interactive features of our Services;
- Keep our Services safe and secure; and
- Personalize and improve the Services, including to provide or recommend features, content, social connections, referrals, and advertisements.
Storage and Transfer of Personal Data
In relation to Personal Data that is transferred to and from and processed and stored in the Hashemite Kingdom of Jordan, Yalla GYM is the data controller for the purpose of the Data Protection Acts promulgated in the Hashemite Kingdom of Jordan (the “Acts”).
Security and Protection Of Data
Sharing of Personal Data
Through Our Services
We may share your Personal Data:
- With Partners to enable them to provide the Services you request. For example, we share your name and pickup and/or drop-off locations with Partners;
- With third parties to provide you a service you requested through a partnership or promotional offering made by a third party or us;
- With third parties with whom you choose to let us share your Personal Data, for example other apps or websites that integrate with our API or Services, or those with an API or Service with which we integrate; and
- With your employer (or similar entity) and any necessary third parties engaged by us or your employer, if you participate in any of our enterprise solutions.
Other Important Sharing
We may share your Personal Data;
- With Open Sky Ltd. and Yalla GYM subsidiaries and affiliated entities;
- With vendors, consultants, marketing and advertising partners, and other service providers who need access to such Personal Data to carry out work on our behalf or to perform any contract we enter into with them;
- In response to a request for information by a competent authority if we believe disclosure is in accordance with, or is otherwise required by, any applicable law, regulation, or legal process;
- With law enforcement officials, government authorities, or other third parties to enforce or apply our Terms of Service, to investigate potential breaches or if we believe your actions are inconsistent with our Terms of Service, or to protect the rights, property, or safety of Yalla GYM or others;
- With third parties in connection with, or during negotiations of, any merger, sale of company assets, consolidation or restructuring, financing, or acquisition of all or a portion of our business by or into another company;
- If we otherwise notify you and you consent to the sharing; With third parties in an aggregated and/or anonymized form which cannot reasonably be used to identify you
Marketing and Opting Out
Yalla GYM provides Users the opportunity to opt-out of receiving communications from us and our partners at the point where we request information about the visitor. You have the option to ask us not to process your Personal Data for marketing purposes and to remove it from our database, to not receive future communications or to no longer receive our Services.
Access to Information
The Acts give you the right to access information held about you. Your right of access can be exercised in accordance with the Acts. Any access request will be subject to a fee of Euros 6.35 (or equivalent in local currency at prevailing exchange rates) to meet our costs in providing you with details of the information we hold about you.
Your Yalla GYM profile is password-protected so that only you and authorized Open Sky Ltd. and Yalla GYM employees have access to your account information. Open Sky Ltd. and Yalla GYM staff will never proactively reach out to you and ask for any personal account information, including your password.
If you have any questions, comments and requests related to this Privacy Statement, or if you have any complaints related to how Yalla GYM processes your personal data, please contact us at privacy@YallaGYM.com.